Tuesday, January 21, 2014

3 month old babies and Photography

As any excited new parent knows, photographs of your new babies first year are so important. The changes that take place to the baby's features, personality, and intellect in this first year are amazing. Never in their life will there be such drastic changes in such a short amount of time. Naturally we want this precious year well documented with photos.
As a starting out pro level photographer, it is so fun to see the child come to the studio at regular intervals and see how much the baby has grown into his/her own little identity!
With that said, let's address the most common portraiture schedule during this remarkable year.
Newborn, 3,6,9,12 months
I love every stage except the 3 mo old stage. I do not want every single picture to look the same. At this stage most babies seem a little crankier, can't sit alone yet, not quite hold head up steady. I have spoken to several other photogs that agree that off all stages 3 months is the most challenging. I would love to see some of your links to your 3 month old photos!
At any rate, I had a beautiful baby girl, which whose mommy I did maternity photos for, in studio this week. I had the nervous/lack of creativity feeling that I always get when I know a 3 month old is coming. Its probability just one if those kooky mind blocks.
I was so pleasantly surprised with this lil one. She was in a relatively happy mood. After going through the photos from this session, I thought " that wasn't so bad". Its all about angles at this age. As long as you can get different angles to add interest, the photos come out cute! Not just the "baby laying on the floor" pose, ya know? (Even though we got lots of those too) Here are a few from this week..


The last photo the moms arm was in photo actually holding baby up. 
Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment